1. Name and contact data of the person responsible for data processing and of the operational data protection officer
This data privacy information applies to data processing activities by:
Responsible for data processing:
Deister Electronics USA, Inc.
9817 Godwin Drive, #201
Manassas, VA 20110
The company data protection officer of deister electronic GmbH is Mr Michael Geisthardt. You may contact him at the address: G&G Datentechnik GmbH, Neue Str. 26a, 30989 Gehrden, Germany, FAO Mr Michael Geisthardt, or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data – kind and purpose of data processing
a) When you visit the website
When our website is retrieved at https://www.deister.com/de/datenschutz/ information is sent automatically to the server of our website via the browser being used on your terminal device. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. In this context, the following information is recorded without any active contribution from you and stored until the time of automated deletion:
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- URL of the website visited before,
- IP address of the retrieving terminal device (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet),
- Date and time of your retrieval,
- Notification as to whether the retrieval was successful,
- Name and URL of the files retrieved,
- Transmitted data volume and
- Name of your Internet access provider.
We shall process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- Guarantee of smooth connection establishment with the website,
- Guarantee of comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability and
- further administrative purposes.
b) When you sign up for our newsletter
Where you have given your explicit consent pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter a of the EU GDPR, we shall use your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, the indication of an e-mail address shall be sufficient.
Deregistration is possible at any time, for instance via a link at the end of each newsletter. As an alternative, you may also send your request for deregistration by e-mail to email@example.com at any time.
c) If you use our contact form
If you have any questions of whatever kind, we offer you the opportunity to get in touch with us via a contact form provided on the website. For this purpose, the indication of a valid e-mail address shall be required, so that we know who sent the inquiry and are able to respond. Further information may be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purpose of making contact with us shall result pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter a of the EU GDPR on the basis of your consent having been provided voluntarily. The personal data collected for utilisation of the contact form will be deleted automatically following the final settlement of your inquiry. Without the provision of your contact data, we are unable to respond to your concern.
d) Registration for and implementation of trainings
You have the opportunity to register for trainings on our website.
If you register for training activities, you will be requested to disclose your title, first name, surname, company, address and e-mail address. The provision of these data serves as a pre-contractual measure for the conclusion of a contract as well as to implement the training and to organise overnight accommodation in a hotel as part of our fulfilment of the contract.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer training activities and procure overnight accommodation in a hotel without these data.
The purpose of provision of the e-mail address is to clarify further questions and confirm your registration and hence to implement pre-contractual measures and fulfil the contract.
Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm your registration for training activities without the provision of your e-mail address.
Moreover, you are able to indicate whether you will travel to the training venue by car or by train. This information is voluntary and serves to coordinate and organise your trip to the training venue. Without this information, we are unable to render this specific service.
In addition, you also have the opportunity to register other participants for a training event. In this event, you will have to obtain explicit authorisation in advance from the other participants to correspondingly use and forward their data to us.
If you select hotel reservation by deister, we will transmit your full name and address to the corresponding hotel, in which you wish to stay overnight, for the purpose of booking and provision of hotel services. The transmission of these data also serves to fulfil the contract.
e) Registration and application as a business partner
Furthermore, we provide you with the opportunity to register and apply as a business partner.
If you register as a business partner, you have the option to make data available on the structure of your company and on the target market, in which you wish to sell your products, and to provide further information in respect of your company.
This data will be collected to figure out whether we can imagine collaborating with you and how such collaboration can be shaped. The provision of your data hence serves to pursue our sales interest as a legitimate interest as well as to implement pre-contractual measures. Without these data, we are unable to reliably assess whether collaborating with you makes sense from our point of view.
In the framework of registration as a business partner, you have to provide your contact details (name, company, address, e-mail address). The provision of your telephone number is voluntary. Its purpose is to make direct alternative contact with you.
The aforementioned data are collected to implement our application procedure and clarify potential further questions. The purpose of provision of your data is hence also to implement pre-contractual measures.
Without provision of these data, we are unable to allocate and process your application.
f) Voluntary information
3. Data transfer
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties except for the purposes mentioned hereafter.
We shall only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter a of the EU GDPR,
- the data transfer is necessary, pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter f of the EU GDPR for the defence of legal claims, and if there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest, which is worthy of protection, in the non-transfer of your data,
- in the event that there is a statutory obligation to transfer the data pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter c of the EU GDPR, and
- if this is legally admissible and necessary, pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter b of the EU GDPR, for the implementation of contractual relationships with you.
In most cases, your browser settings will be such that the browser accepts the creation and storage of cookies. However, you may deactivate this function in general and in every individual case by choosing corresponding browser settings. If you make use of such deactivation, this may trigger restrictions in regards to the functions of our websites.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measure referred to hereafter and utilised by us is implemented on the basis of Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the EU GDPR. By means of the implemented tracking measure, we wish to ensure that our website can be designed according to requirements and optimised continuously.
In addition, we use the tracking measure to statistically record and evaluate the utilisation of our website for the purpose of optimising our internet offer. These interests are to be considered as legitimate interests within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories are referred to in the corresponding tracking tools.
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., USA (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that permit an analysis of your utilisation of our website. The information generated by the cookie in relation to your utilisation of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the website visited before our website was visited),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
is transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. On our behalf, Google will use that information to evaluate your utilisation of our website, collate reports on your website activities and render further services to us in connection with website utilisation and internet usage. Such utilisation hence serves our sales and distribution interest as a legitimate interest.
To guarantee the anonymised recording of IP addresses, the source text of Google Analytics has been extended with the code “_anonymizeIp”, so that IP address are further processed only in shortened form in order to rule out any possibility of relating it to a specific person.
The IP address sent by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data held by Google.
You are able to prevent the storage of cookies through adjusting the settings of your browser; in this event, you may not be able to use the full scope of all the functions of our website. Further, you may prevent the collection of data generated through cookies (incl. your IP address) and related to the use of our website as well as the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the plugin under the following link:
As an alternative, you are able to prevent Google from recording and using your data by clicking on the following link:
By clicking on this link, an Opt-Out Cookie is placed that prevents the recording of your data by Google.
You can find further information on the conditions of use and data protection at:
6. Social Media Plugins
On our website, we use Social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Youtube and LinkedIn on the basis of Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the EU GDPR in order to increase our website’s level of awareness via these social networks. The underlying advertising purpose is to be considered as a legitimate interest within the meaning of EU GDPR. The responsibility for operation in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations shall be guaranteed by the respective social media providers.
We use social media plug-ins of Facebook on our website to design its use in a more personalised manner. For this purpose, we use the “Like” and “Share” buttons. This represents a service offered by Facebook. If you access a page of our web presence, which contains such a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The contents of the plug-in are transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and integrated into the website by your browser.
As a result of the integration of the plug-ins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our web presence even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not logged into your Facebook account at this point in time. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged into your Facebook account, Facebook will be able to allocate your visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for instance by clicking on the “Like” or “Share” buttons, the corresponding information will likewise be transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. In addition, the information will be published on Facebook and shown to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use that information for purposes of advertising and market research as well as to design the Facebook pages according to requirements. For this purpose, Facebook will create usage, interest, and relation profiles, e.g. to evaluate your utilisation of our website in regards to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to render further services in connection with your utilisation of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to allocate the data collected via our web presence to your Facebook account, you will have to log out from Facebook prior to visiting our website. For the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and utilisation of data by Facebook as well as for your respective rights and setting selection possibilities for the sake of protecting your privacy, please refer to Facebook’s data protection information (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
This website may include a plug-in of YouTube, which belongs to Google Inc., domiciled in San Bruno/California, USA. As soon as you visit pages of our website that is equipped with a YouTube plug-in, a connection will be established with the YouTube servers. In this context, the YouTube server is provided with information as to which specific page of our website you have visited.
If you are logged in as a YouTube member at this point in time, YouTube will allocate that information to your personal user account. If the plug-in is used for instance by clicking on the start button of a video, this information will likewise be allocated to your user account. You are able to prevent such allocation by logging out from your YouTube user account and other user accounts held with the companies YouTube LLC and Google Inc. and by deleting the corresponding cookies of these companies.
Please find further information on the collection and utilisation of your data by YouTube in YouTube’s data protection information (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en).
Furthermore, a plug-in to establish a connection with the network operator LinkedIn exists on our website. The entity responsible for the plug-in is LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. If you click on the LinkedIn button, a LinkedIn web page will open in an additional browser window. Should you have a user account with LinkedIn and be logged into that account while pressing the button, a browser window of LinkedIn will open, in which you are logged into your user account. This page shows our profile at LinkedIn. There, you are able to enter comments. If you open the additional browser, a direct connection between your browser and the LinkedIn servers will be established. As a result, LinkedIn will learn that you visited our website with your IP address. If you are logged into your LinkedIn account at this point in time, LinkedIn will be able to allocate your visit to our website to your LinkedIn user account. We are not aware of the contents of the data collected by LinkedIn and of the kinds of data utilisation by LinkedIn. On the website https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy you can find the data privacy statement of LinkedIn, from which you are able to gather further information. We bear no responsibility for the LinkedIn website.
7. Rights of persons concerned
You have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 15 of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to demand information on your personal data processed by us. In particular, you are entitled to demand information from us on the purposes of data processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to which your data have been disclosed or are disclosed, the scheduled storage period, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data unless they have been collected from us, and on the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details of such processes;
- Pursuant to Article 16 of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to demand the correction of any incorrect personal data stored by us or the completion of any incomplete personal data stored by us – in relation to you as a person – without delay;
- Pursuant to Article 17 of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to demand the deletion of any of your personal data stored by us as far as the data processing is not required to exercise the right of free speech and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Pursuant to Article 18 of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data as far as you dispute the correctness of the data, as far as the processing of the data is unlawful, but you reject its deletion, and as far as we no longer require the data, but you require them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have objected to the data processing pursuant to Article 21 of the EU GDPR;
- Pursuant to Article 20 of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to demand from us that you receive the personal data, which you have made available to us, in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format, or you may demand transmission of the data to another responsible person/entity;
- Pursuant to Article 7 Subsection 3 of the EU GDPR, you are entitled to revoke your provided consent in a notification transmitted to us at any time. The consequence thereof will be that we will not be allowed in the future to continue the data processing activities, which were conducted on the basis of that consent, and
- to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 of the EU GDPR. As a rule, you may submit your complaint to the supervisory authority in charge of your usual place of domicile, your place of work or the registered office of our company.
8. Right to object
Where your personal data is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the EU GDPR, you are entitled pursuant to Article 21 of the EU GDPR to raise an objection against the processing of your personal data, provided reasons are in place for such an objection that result from your particular situation, or provided the objection is raised against direct advertising activities. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that we shall implement without the indication of a particular situation.
If you wish to make use of your right to object or right to complain, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org will be sufficient.
9. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in connection with the respective highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. As a rule, this will be 256 Bit encryption. You will recognise whether an individual page of our website is transmitted with encryption through the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Apart from that, we use appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are enhanced continuously in accordance with the technological development.
10. Up-to-dateness and amendment of this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid and reflects the status as of May 2018. As a result of the further development of our website and respective services offered, or due to changed statutory or official requirements, amendments to this Data Privacy Statement may become necessary. You may access and print out the respective current data privacy statement at any time on the website at https://www.deister.com/en/privacy-policy/.